THE CPR GALS
1 833 KNOW CPR
Call Now and schedule your class!
AED - Automated External Defibrilator
Just about everyone has heard the term “AED”,
but many do not fully understand what it is, and how it works.
An Automated External Defibrillator or AED is a device that is used to send
an electrical shock to the heart of a person in Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
in order to return the quivering heart to a normal heartbeat rhythm
so that it can once again pump blood throughout the body.
When using an AED to shock the heart, you can think of the heart like your computer.
When your computer messes up and freezes and stops responding you reboot it to resolve the problem.
The AED basically is rebooting the heart in the same way by shocking it.
* Learn what defibrillation is and how it works.
* Learn the role and importance of early defibrillation in cardiac arrest.
* Learn the general steps for using an automated external defibrillator (AED).
* Learn the precautions for using an AED.
* Learn to use an AED (adult/child).
* Learn the differences in using an AED (adult/child) when CPR is in progress.
Current CPR certification is a prerequisite for the AED class.
Course Length: approximately 1 hour.
AED is included in all basic CPR classes and BLS (Basic Life Support)
Please contact us to get information or book a class.
Please give us an idea of what your needs are, and your phone number,
and we will get right back to you.