Have you ever had a Bug Bite?
If you are like everyone else, you certainly have.
So what happened? Did it just sting a little bit, or did it get itchy and infected?
Did it cause an allergic reaction?
Here is an article (with pictures) of some of the critters which you may encounter, depending on the area of the country in which you live.
The article includes information on Deer Ticks, Head Lice, the Brown Recluse Spider, Fleas, Honey Bees, Bed Bugs, Deer Flies, Chiggers and the Black Widow Spider.
Generally speaking, with any bug bite, the best first step (if possible) is to clean the area with soap and water. After that, watch to see if you get any kind of reaction to the poison, usually injected by the bug. If it starts to swell or turn red or itch, you may want to put something cold on it (which will help slow the swelling and dull the nerves). If it continues to cause pain or stays red around the bite, your best bet is to get medical attention.
Occasionally, a bite will lead to a severe allergic reaction - very quickly. If this is the case, call for medical help immediately.
If a person knows he has a severe allergy to a certain bug, he may have an Epi Pen with him.
Taking a CPR and First Aid Class and having an Emergency Medical Kit with you will help in any situation in which you find yourself.
So get trained as soon as possible, then you can enjoy your summer.